Persistence is the ability to continue, in the face of opposition or challenges.
Persistence is not something that talent, education, or personality can replace!
Why is it that some people with the same education, gifts and talents ‘make it’ while others do not – persistence of course.
By practicing persistence, you don’t avoid obstacles; you simply develop the tenacity and competency to work through them!
So if persistence is a key to success – then how do we practice it?
Make a Decision. What is it that you really want? For persistence to begin, you must be deeply invested in your why/dream/purpose or intention.
Know Your Outcome and care about reaching it. This means you must persist and pick yourself back up again when other people would give up or walk away!
“Ordinary people did extraordinary things because they consciously recognized what they wanted.” By refusing to quit, ordinary people achieve extraordinary outcomes.
8 ways to cultivate persistence….
1. KNOW YOUR OUTCOME. Knowing what you want is the first and, perhaps, the most important step toward the development of persistence.
2. DECISION. It is much easier to remain resilient and persistent when you are driven by a burning desire to achieve your outcome, this comes when you have made a decision. When you have a deep desire you will naturally show more grit and tenacity in achieving your goals. Once you decide, the desire will follow!
3. SELF-BELIEF. When you believe in your ability to carry out a plan, it encourages you to follow the plan through with persistence.
4. HAVING A CLEAR PLAN. Having a clear plan allows you to know your outcome and will give you the steps to achieving it. Having a plan creates clarity and focus – which both help to cultivate persistence.
5. KNOWLEDGE. Knowledge leads to empowerment. Knowing that your plans are backed up by facts and proven data is the key to persistence! “Guessing” instead of “knowing” is the enemy of persistence.
6. YOUR DREAM TEAM. Understanding and harmonious cooperation with people of a like mind is crucial. There is nothing more powerful than the collective energy of people working towards a common goal. Enlist the support of your dream team!
7. PURPOSE. When you have a purpose it gives you the tenacity, grit or perseverance. Having a purpose gives you the ability to concentrate your energy on a specific outcome and make the right decisions and overcome any challenges you may face on the road to your end goal!
8. TAKE MASSIVE & CONSISTENT ACTION. Persistence is the direct result of massive action and consistency. You are the sum of your patterns, rituals and behaviours, so to be persistent takes consistent action, practice and commitment. This may mean letting go of old beliefs and behaviours that no longer serve you. Who do you need to become to achieve your goal? What do you need to give up to do this? And start to practice these new habits daily!
9th and BONUS STEP – REGISTER FOR OUR ‘PERSISTENCE’ WEBINAR AND DISCOVER WHO YOU NEED TO BECOME TO HAVE DEVELOP THE GRIT AND DETERMINATION TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS!